Business Advisory Services
Starting a Business
- Business Start-up Assistance
- Mentoring & Coaching
- Business Structures
- ATO Compliance
- Business Tax Returns & Quarterly BAS (Sole Traders, Companies, Trusts, Partnerships, Joint Ventures)
- Compliance with ASIC
- Software Systems
- SageOne, MYOB, Xero, QuickBooks, etc..
Business Growth Services
- Business Advisory & Planning
- Financial Statements
- Cash Flow & Budgeting
- Improving Processes & Systems
- Risk Management
- Corporate Affairs Management
- Advice on hiring contractors vs employees
- Assistance with setting up Single Touch Payroll (STP)
Selling/Ceasing Your Business
- Developing an Exit Strategy
- Business Deregistration
- Business Valuations
WE CARE ABOUT
At Knox Taxation and Business Advisory, we’re passionate about the success of YOUR business.
We take great pride and interest in mentoring you throughout all stages of the business life cycle.
We have Melbourne based business advisory services, that are able to help you build a successful business by:
- Giving insight into your business’ performance
- Explaining your business’ financials in a way you can understand
- Holding your hand through business challenges and hurdles
- Reducing your likelihood of paying too much tax each year, so you can invest it elsewhere in your business
- Celebrating your wins, and
- Supporting you through your losses.
Whether you’re a start-up, a developing business or an established business, our Accounting and Business Advisory services are available to you.
WE PROVIDE PERSONALISED AND QUALITY BUSINESS ADVICE
Unlike other accountants, our team love getting to know you, your story and what inspired you to start your business.
This helps us to gather an in-depth understanding of your situation so we can provide you with the utmost value and personalised advice.
We can help you:
- Gain a greater understanding of your finances & profit
- Understand the complexities of tax compliance
- Identify key areas of opportunity
- Implement positive measures to improve your KPIs
- Through times of personal crisis, that may be impacting your business
- Resolve issues with the ATO due to knowing the whole story of your operation.
With us, you can rest assured that you’re not just another number. Our staff will listen to your situation carefully; side-stepping the traditional ‘one size fits all’ approach.
WE USE LANGUAGE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND
Our team is renowned for simplifying complex tax jargon into a language that all of our clients can understand.
This in turn, enables you to make informed decisions relating to your business and your finances to grow your revenue and profits.
For many of our clients, we take care of the technical (eg. Bookkeeping, Tax Returns, BAS and overseeing Payroll) so they can focus on the physical and what matters most to their business. We can do the same for you too!
Whether you’re a tradie, a business start-up or an established business, we can help you grow and most importantly, manage your Financial and Taxation circumstances effectively. We’ll be your Accounting and Business Counsellors, all-in-one.
That’s our promise to you.
Haven't been with Knox all that long, but Coral and team have been amazing. I'm also not overly savvy with the numbers so Coral is always happy to explain and guide which has been greatly appreciated. Would highly recommend anyone to give Knox Taxation a try, you won't regret the decision.
I have used Knox Taxation Services for both my individual and my small business finances, over the past 20 years. I highly recommend their services and staff to everyone. If you are looking for experienced, professional and friendly service, this is the place for you. Thanks Coral and Staff for your fabulous work over the years (and more to come!)
The staff at Knox tax have been fundamental in the growth of our wealth. Their insight into the world of tax is truly outstanding. I highly recommend their professional services!
For over 20 years I have been using Knox Taxation and wouldn't go anywhere else. I always enjoy my yearly catch up with Coral and her team. Very prompt in preparing tax returns and all matters relating to running my small business. Excellent service all year round.
I always need my hand held walking through my tax affairs. The people at Knox Taxation , from the reception desk on to the lovely person who does my tax, do just that. Courtesy Professionalism and with lovely welcoming atmosphere. These people know their job!!
Coral and the team at Knox Tax have been incredible. Helping me through some tough times in regards to my business. But not only this, the personal support received from Coral and team has been amazing. They are not just numbers and tax people, they are humans and treat their customers with kindness, empathy and respect. I would highly recommend Knox Tax.
STARTING A BUSINESS IN VICTORIA
According to the Small Business Association:
- 30% of new businesses fail during the first two years of being open
- 50% during the first five years and
- 66% during the first ten years.
Over the years, we’ve worked with hundreds of small-medium business clients. We’ve seen many businesses succeed, but we’ve also witnessed several business failures.
We can help to set you up for success!
Our team can:
- Register your business with ASIC
- Register your business for GST and other Australian Tax Office registrations – if applicable.
- Set up your Australian Business Number (ABN) – if applicable.
- Educate you on the tax implications of starting a business, and any tax deductions you will be able to / can claim
- Advise you on business structures that best suit your needs and personal situation
- Provide guidance on Business Insurance and Asset Protection strategies, including WorkCover – if applicable.
- Provide Budgeting Advice and Assistance
- Hold your hand and guide you through the entire process.
BUSINESS START-UP CHECKLIST
Ensure to download our Free Small Business Start-up Checklist below to help you get started.
In this checklist, you’ll gain insight into 15 important things to consider when starting a business to improve your likelihood of success.
TAX PLANNING SERVICES
If you could pay less tax this year what would you do with the extra money?
During March-May we offer Tax Planning services to business clients to help you implement legitimate tax saving strategies before Year-end.
This can help reduce the amount of tax you have to pay for the year, but it does vary depending on your business and personal situation.
If you want to own and run a successful business, year-end tax planning should be part of your overall business strategy.
Read more about Tax Planning here:
- Why Year-end Tax Planning is Important, even for Individuals
- 6 Ways Year-end Tax Planning Can Benefit Your Business
If you’d like to schedule a Tax Planning Appointment, give us a call on (03) 9762 7344.
WE INTEGRATE WITH VARIOUS BUSINESS SOFTWARE
At Knox Taxation, we don’t believe in a “one-fits-all” solution when it comes to Business Accounting Software. That’s why we choose to integrate with various types of software to help businesses of varying sizes and needs.
Here are some of the software brands we work with currently: