Services for Property Investors
Buying Your First Property
- Property Investment Tax Advice & Analysis
- Tax Returns for Property Investors
- Advice on Best Structuring
Growing Your Asset Base
- Tax Depreciation Reports
- Positive vs. Negative Gearing
- Taxable Deductions
- Tax Minimisation Strategies.
- Debt Reduction Strategies
- Managing Your Investment Portfolio
At Knox Taxation and Business Advisory, we have the answers to many of your burning questions about what you should and shouldn’t do when it comes to Property Investment.
Through our caring and personalised service, we can help you legally minimise your personal Income Tax liability, implement tax-effective strategies, and help you to truly understand the implications of financial decisions before you make them.
We’re here to de-mystify property investment, as well as what you think you know about Capital Gains Tax. We replace your questions and assumptions with sound knowledge and advice.
As an Accounting and Business Advisory firm, we always keep ourselves up-to-date with all things related to business and investment opportunities.
If you are interested about investing in property, come in to our office and consult with one of our Accountants. They will be pleased to run you through the following in your next appointment:
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of purchasing an investment property
- Explore whether you are ready to enter the Property market
- Highlight the Tax Implications of purchasing an investment property
- Discuss common claims and tax deductions associated with owning an investment property
- Advise on the best structuring and asset protection strategies, and/or
- Refer you to our partners who specialise in property and market trends; giving you trustworthy advice on Finance, buying the right property and how to maximise your investment opportunities.
The very best advice we can give you is to think hard about investment decisions, ask the right questions, learn from the professionals at your fingertips and, finally, do your homework.
If you’re interested in property investing but aren’t sure where to start, download our FREE “Property Investor Starter Pack” as shown on the right.
YOUR TAX QUESTIONS ANSWERED
Property Investment & Capital Gains Tax
A few years ago, Coral Page (Principal – Knox Taxation and Business Advisory), contributed a chapter to Andrew Crossley’s book – “Property Investing Made Simple.”
Her chapter aims to answer popular topics and questions about property investment, as received from many of our clients, colleagues and friends. Some of Coral’s answers could help to answer many of your own, including:
- Are you ready to start investing in property?
- Can you afford to become a Property Investor?
- Do you have the right team around you supporting your strategy?
- Where do you get financing? Do we do it, or should you go to a bank?
- What is the best way to structure your investment?
- What do you need to give your Accountant at Tax Time?
- What are the SMSF, Tax Depreciation & TID Variation Considerations to be aware?
- What Property Investment Expenses can you claim?
- What is a Tax Depreciation Report? Do you need one?
- What are Capital Costs?
- Capital Gains Tax – friend or foe?
We answer all of these questions AND MORE in our Property Q&A Guide to the right.
DO YOU TRULY UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU’RE GETTING INTO?
Whilst it’s something that everyone seems to be dabbling in these days, our strong recommendation is to always seek professional advice before investing. Especially, when it comes to larger investment such as property. By seeking advice from experts in their field, you will ensure that you’re not caught out when it comes to:
- Buying the right type of property
- Buying in the right location
- Making money on your investments, and
- Assessing your property for Capital Gains Tax at the end of the financial year.
The Australian Tax Laws about Property Investment and Capital Gains (and sometimes loses) are ever-changing. When you’re a client with us, we will ensure that you are not left in the dark, throughout the entire process.
What Our Clients Say
Duncan Robertson – Owner & Head Chef
Olga & Andrew Maxwell
Jenny Newman - Director