Given the latest updates relating to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to let you know that we are on the “front foot”.
Therefore, we expect no interruptions to the services we provide at Knox Tax.
We will continue to be here to support you, your families and your businesses throughout this potentially stressful, difficult and uncertain time.
Here are some other updates / important information you may find valuable to know during this time.
If you have any questions or concerns, please give our team a call on (03) 9762 7344.
Our business operates in the Cloud, you can contact us as needed.
1) Appointments Via Zoom
- We understand that some of you may feel cautious or hesitant about being around lots of people during this time.
- This is why we’re now offering online Zoom sessions (an alternative to Skype), alongside our traditional appointments.
- This allows you to speak with your accountant over the web (if that’s something you prefer).
- If you’re not sure how to use it, give us a call and we can explain it to you.
It’s easy to set up!
2) Providing Tax Documentation via our Online Portal / Mail / Drop off to Reception
- You can also send us documentation for your tax return via our online portal, mail service or drop them off at reception.
- If you have not yet been set up on our portal or need some assistance, let us know and we can help you.
3) Office Hours
- Whilst we don’t know whether we’ll be working from our office or working from our homes in coming weeks, we have invested heavily in the latest technology.
- This means that we can continue to assist you no matter what happens.
- We are currently setting our team up so that they can work remotely in the event of any changes.
- That way they’ll be able to access all the technology, systems and tools used to help and advise you over the coming weeks.
Other than the above, please continue to email and phone us – we will be here to help you!
Good advice is needed more than ever! Don’t put it off.
Here are some of the key changes that are coming.
Business and Tax
- The Australian Government has just released their $17.6 billion economic stimulus package in response to the Coronavirus.
- It is designed to help small business owners and employers to keep their workforce levels.
- There will be some tax benefits for business owners to access over the next few months (if eligible).
- Our team are here to help our business clients receive the maximum benefits they can.
Get your Enduring Power of Attorney (EPOA) and Will updated now!
- If you are suddenly quarantined or admitted to hospital due to illness, no-one else can make important business or financial decisions on your behalf.
- That is why we strongly recommend that you have an up to date EPOA and Will in place, if not already.
- It is also important to ensure that your family know where these documents are kept and what to do if this was to happen.
We have associates that we trust and can recommend them to you to provide fast, easy and professional services in this area.
If you need any help with this, give our team a call – (03) 9762 7344.
First of all, don’t panic!
It is during these exact times that we need to stay calm and rely on reliable news sources and information from State and Australian Government websites.
What you see on social media or other large-scale media sources may be panicky, fear-inducing and unreliable information.
Stay away and detach from these.
Focus only on the things you can control, rather than stressing about the “what-ifs” or the “could-bes”.
And if concerned, our team at Knox Taxation and Business Advisory will do our best to help you along the way.
The Team @ Knox Taxation and Business Advisory