Earlier this month, the Victorian Government announced that there will be a grant available to businesses in the construction industry. This grant is called the Business Costs Assistance Program Round Four – Construction, which is now open for applications!
Businesses must have incurred direct costs due to the lockdown of construction sites from 21 September to 4 October, 2021.
If your business received payment from the Victorian Government from previous grants, you will not be eligible to apply for the Business Costs Assistance Program Round Four – Construction
Previous grant being:
- Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two
- Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two July extension
- Small Business COVID Hardship Fund payment
- You must hold an Australian Business Number (ABN)from 24 September, 2021
- Be located within Victoria
- Be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) from 24 September 2021
- Operate in an eligible sector listed in the list of eligible ANZSIC classes for this program
- have incurred direct costs because of the restrictions in effect from 21 September to 4 October 2021 and were not able to operate remotely
- have been contracted (prior to the restriction period being announced) to undertake, or supply workers to undertake, work at a construction worksite that was shut down due to the COVID-19 restrictions announced 20 September 2021 in one of the following areas:
- Local Government Areas (LGAs) in metropolitan Melbourne
- City of Greater Geelong
- Mitchell Shire, and
- Surf Coast Shire
Information you need for your application:
- A valid ABN that has an ANZIC code linked to one of the eligibility industry sectors
- If you employ, you will need to supply your WorkCover Employer Number (if your are yet to have a WorkCover Employer Number issued, an WorkSafe Application Reference number can be supplied.
- if you are a non-employing business, a WorkSafe Construction Induction Training Card (white card or ‘ticket’) or interstate equivalent issued by a comparable governing authority in another Australian state or territory
- Proof of identity – Australian driver licence, Australian Passport, Medicare Card and Australian visa information and foreign passport
The amount for this grant will be determined by the businesses payroll side:
- $2000 for non-employing businesses
- $2800 for employing businesses with annual payroll below $650,000
- $5600 for employing businesses with an annual payroll between $650,000 and less than $3 million
- $8400 for employing businesses with an annual payroll between $3 million and $10 million
How to Apply:
Click here to apply now!
Alternatively, if you would like Knox Taxation to apply on your behalf, please contact our office.
Please note, your application may be audited, so please make sure to have evidence available at the request of the Victorian Government.
If you have any questions, please contact our office on (03) 9762 7344.
The Team @ Knox Taxation and Business Advisory