As you would be aware, Victoria has now entered into Stage 4 lockdown for 6 weeks.
To help support your businesses through this period, here are some key support measures to consider:
1) August & September JobKeeper Payments
If you haven’t previously enrolled for JobKeeper payments, NOW is the time to reassess your eligibility.
All enrolments to receive JobKeeper payments for fortnights 10 and 11 (August 2020) must be done by 31 August 2020, including eligible employees.
Please get in touch with our team if you think you may be eligible, need to register or are unsure on how to proceed.
Contact Megan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also keep in mind that, if you aren’t eligible for August payments, we can apply for you in September (if eligible).
2) Business Support Fund Extension ($5,000 & $10,000 Grant)
The new Stage 4 Restrictions in Metro Melbourne and Stage 3 Restrictions in Regional Victoria, have left many businesses with limited capacity to operate or with the inability to operate at all.
According to Business Victoria, one-off grants are being offered to eligible businesses to support those impacted by these restrictions.
These grants include:
- $10,000 for employing businesses in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire in recognition of spending longer under restrictions
- $5,000 for employing businesses in regional local government areas (except Mitchell Shire)
- Businesses which have already received a Business Support Fund Grant will not need to re-apply.
- Previously successful applicants will automatically receive this additional allocation.
- Applications for the program will be extended until 14 September 2020.
- This program is in addition to the first round of the Business Support Fund, which closed on 1 June 2020.
If you need any further help or assistance, please give us a call on (03) 9762 7344, or email us at email@example.com.
We will do our best to help you where we can.
The Team @ Knox Taxation and Business Advisory